Saturday, April 26, 2014

Announcing: What will be happening with The War of Six Crowns

I know that this is a weird time for me to post this, but I've had this moment of clarity while listening to an awesome song. And right now it's super-exciting and I'm just going to lay it all out there.

See... I have a blog for my writing, a blog for my life and this blog. And for a while, I've been struggling as to what to put on this one. I've been figuring some of this stuff out, but the truth is that only now things have fallen in place in my mind. 

The truth is that when I signed up for this writing gig, I sort of had this nebulous view as to what I wanted to achieve. Basically, I want to write a ton of books and I want to publish them and sell well. That was the goal. But now.... I've basically gotten hit by the sting of what this industry's like, and I've had to take stock of everything. 

And this song pretty much kicked me into gear.



Once, I split a good book into two in order to form The Vanished Knight and The Heir's Choice. And as a result, that good book grew a bit more epic. But let me take the moment to admit that I did this to fit in with my publisher.

Now, I don't have to. Now, I can do exactly what I want with my books. Which in itself was daunting. But now... now I've decided on a course of action.

This series has always been intended as one long story with four (and then five after the split) volumes. And the thing is that I still feel that The Vanished Knight feels a bit lonely without a friend. So I'm going to do something insane, and I'm going to publish it and The Heir's Choice at the same time. There's a method to this madness, I promise. But the first thing that I feel is that even after the split, these two books run together so closely that it feels wrong to put six months' minimum of a wait between them. At the same time, throwing two books with different minor arcs back into a single volume doesn't feel right either.

So two books you'll have. Hopefully by the end of October. And:

They. Will. Be. EPIC!

Speaking of epic, this blog is going to go to a whole new level, because I'm going to pop up at random to share awesomeness. Songs that inspire me? Check. Awesome scenes - cut or not? Check. Many other forms of epicness? Honey, you have no idea.

We're going to have so much fun.


3 comments:

  1. Very cool. It's great when you've got direction and motivation. You and me, we're going to rock it in October! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I think about turning my work over to a Publisher (not that I've had that opportunity), it's even more daunting than turning it over to an incompetent copier at Staples. Something about having to make changes to your own baby per someone else's dictates feels wrong. Enjoy the freedoms of self publication, Misha. It's awesome to find a song that says exactly what you need it to exactly when you need to hear it.

    xoRobyn

    ReplyDelete