Thursday, October 3, 2013

Welcome Welcome!

Hey all! Welcome to my blog on the War of Six Crowns. At the moment, the look isn't quite what I want it to be, but as soon as my full blog is up and running, I'll have a back-ground and banner for the blog that'll match.

In the meantime, I thought today is as good a day as any to get started. I guess the best way will be to start at the very beginning... a very good place, to start.

Come on, don't tell me you didn't just hear Julie Andrews.

Anyway. I think the best place to start is... well. Me.

My official bio says that I live in South Africa close to Cape Town. (True) And yes, I can see Table Mountain from here. Today's sunny, so it looks like I can touch it. Of course, I'm actually about an hour away.

I started writing when I was thirteen, but it took me years to actually finish a book. I finished the rough draft to what would become The Vanished Knight and its sequel The Heir's Choice when I was 22. The rewrite was done by the time I was 23, and I signed with Etopia Press when I was 24. Incidentally, I had the idea for the book aged 19 and started writing it about six months after that.

You'll be relieved to know that, now that I'm out of university, I write a lot faster. And the sequel to The Heir's Choice has already been drafted.

I guess I learned how to manage my time better. And... in a way, finishing my first ever book made me see how it all worked, so I've been able to finish books repeatedly since.

I think this is a good place to stop for today. Wouldn't want to make your eyes glaze and all that. But if you have any questions, please feel free to ask. And let me know what you think of my book!

No comments:

Post a Comment