Saturday, April 12, 2014

A little taster from the War of Six Crowns Series...

So this morning I woke up with this song in my head. Which is interesting. See... I've heard it many times, but never really bothered to pay attention to the words.

Thing is... those words hooked somewhere in my subconscious and I woke up hearing: "And the walls came tumbling down on the city that we love." 

Now usually when a song's looping through my head, there's a reason for it. So I went around trying to try and find out why.

Now, it's an interesting fact that when I'm writing I have two muses. I have a general (female) one, that's kind of my creative mind going about inspiring me as if she were a separate person. And... well... it suits me to think of her as such. Because if I let ideas grow and expand organically and without conscious thought as I write, I generally write MUCH better.

So that's one muse. The other... Well.

The other is Darrion. Yup... as in one of the main characters from The War of Six Crowns. He kind of just started out as the first guy from the stories to show up in my head. Then he became their spokesperson in my head. And... Well... Now he tends to be the one to kick my butt into gear when I haven't been working on the series in a while.

And this, lovely people, was him kicking my butt into gear. Why? Well... I have book 1 to re-publish, book 2 to edit, book three to re-write and book four to start.

This song ties into book four on so many levels that it makes me emotional to think about it. But just in case you fear I'm posting a spoiler, nope. There's no volcano erupting and destroying everyone.

The words are all metaphorical, and deeply beautiful to me because I know the meaning. Sadly though, sharing the meaning will be spoiling, so instead I'll share the song and let you come to your own conclusions.


No comments:

Post a Comment